Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tendering my Notice

So today I gave my landlord my notice to vacate my apartment at the end of August.

It's so funny, I've spent the last two+ years bitching about how I just didn't "feel" the community in the Twin Cities... Just didn't feel very well connected to anything outside of law school. There were times when I swore I was gonna get out of here as fast as possible. And now that it's getting to be time to leave, I really really know that Im going to miss this place.

It's weird how this shit works. In a little over two months Im gonna have to pack up all my shit again, put it into a storage facility somewhere and patiently (not so patiently) wait to receive my placement in Wisconsin. Im sure I will eventually get really excited about wherever I get to go, to practice law, to establish a new community, but for right now all I have is the "leaving" part. My darlin little sis got all excited on the phone yesterday with me about the prospect of me moving closer to her. And that will be great, but I just couldn't share in her excitement in that moment. Cause all that means for me right now is that I am giving up everything here. Rough.

In a way its really good that I am getting out of here for a few days to go do Pride in Chicago. If I were to stick around here for our Pride it would likely only amplify my desire to stay put.

I've lived in this apartment building for about 3 years and it is seriously going to break my heart to leave this building and to leave the friendships that I feel only now are getting fortified. Its these transitions that challenge us. And at least on the plus-side I have the bar to focus on. Ick. THAT's my plus side. Haha.

Musical Fodder for my Writing:
"Age Six Racer" Dashboard Confessional,
Swiss Army Romance

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, unless I'm mistaken, you seem to be moving away from this beautiful city (TC). I was just looking at your profile on match.com and was hoping to ask you out for coffee, but alas, it would seem you're leaving.

My name is Jesse pollock, and I would contact you via match.com, but frankly, I haven't felt like shelling out the dough to pay for an online dating service. maybe the stigma of dating services has pushed me away from that action.

when you return from chicago pride,if you would like to grab coffee with a new face let me know. jesse.pollock.foote@gmail.com
or look me up on facebook (if you have that). if I don't hear from you, that's cool, and good luck with law in Wisconsin. :)