Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Single and Sick

So I've been dating a lot lately. In the last week or so, I mean. I have had the opportunity to get to know four new guys, and have really enjoyed this new... deluge of quality people. Most are decent friend material if nothing else, but I've got my eye on one in particular...

It's nice to finally have time to make this happen. Because I am on a "leave of absense" this semester and finally finished both editing the book and working the murder trial (motion for mistrial filed) I actually have a pretty easy semester scheduled. Rather decadant to get to take dates, go out occassionally on weeknights, cook... be a normal human being.

I am, however, at one of those moments when being single sucks: I'm sick.

I had to fight off a 24 hour bug last week, and had substantially nursed myself back to health, but then I woke up this morning and my throat was horridly swollen, my back ached, my head felt feverishly warm... Flu. Flu. Yuck.

I know its lame, but the fun of being single is quickly sapped when all you want is for someone to take care of you... Feed you soup, rub your back.

Oh well. Knowing my immune system, I will kick this by tomorrow and life will resume its normality. I have a Happy Hour date scheduled for tomorrow. And possible dates on Friday and Sunday. Hopefully I can get back to it...

No comments: