Saturday, January 03, 2004

Beginings (emails from abroad)

The journey has begun! I sit now in the heart of Amsterdam's Red Light District at an internet cafe. I am dealing with a little bit of jet lag, but not bad all in all. The flight was FANTASTIC and I am just having a blast so far. I got to the Anne Frank House yesterday, and today I hit the Master's Exhibit seeing some of Rembrandt's more famous works and the Van Gogh museum to be wowed by his incredible collection.

I am slowly adjusting to the fact that I am alone. I went through the adjustment in Venezuela, and have learned that it simply takes the right attitude, and I am getting there, but it feels a little ackward at first not to have anyone to relay thoughts onto.

On Tueday I take the train through Paris into Madrid, where it looks as if I am going to be staying with another one of the Marquette students before our program starts. Very cool!

No comments: