Friday, December 01, 2006

Minneapolis Gays Officially Boycot Blue & White Cabs (?)

Well... I suppose someone had to do something.

It was reported some months ago that cab drivers working for Blue & White cab company in Minneapolis had kicked out gay patrons for kissing in their cabs. I did some personal investigation into the matter over the summer, and there is definitely some legitimacy to these claims.

Well, now someone has done something about it.

As a result of the claims, I have personally avoided Blue & White. But now the "Rainbow Transgender Veterans of U.S.A." have started to post papers in downtown Minneapolis asking the GLBT community to officially boycott Blue & White.

I can't, at the moment, recall the exact language of the paper I saw while waiting for my bus, but it was certainly strongly worded.

Good for them. Whoever "them" may be.


Musical Fodder for my Writing:
"Lovely 2 C U" Goldfrapp,
Supernature

1 comment:

Mikey said...

Are we Minneapolis gays if neither of us are natives? We really just need someone to carry our drunk asses home.