Friday, February 17, 2006

I dare you to move like today never happened before

I had a crap-load of work to do for today. It was beginning to overwhelm me, so what did I do? Ignored it... With midterms coming up in the next two weeks, I guess there is still a part of me that is challenging the impending panic and just saying, "Bring it on." I situate myself in class where I participate enough in most (not Criminal) classes that the prof would never cold call on me, because they hear from me quite enough as it is.

Highlight of my night last night? Taking out Brianna's garbage. Why? Because it was next to that dumpster that I found my new kitchen table.

A few of my closer friends know that I am not opposed to dumpster diving, or making a day of driving around my old college campus after move-out day to see what gems the graduates no longer want. In fact, Justine and Danielle would actually have been disappointed in me if I hadnt picked up that table yesterday and brought it inside. The reason that this was a big deal is not because I grabbed it from the trash, but because I have been looking for a kitchen table for weeks with no luck finding the right table for the right price. Well, this certainly does it for me!


I work again this Saturday, which will be nice. It is totally part of my routine to have that as part of my schedule and budget. It will be nice to be back after two weeks. Hopefully the computers will be working a bit better.

I had an article printed in the Tribune defending bars from the prospective smoking ban in Milwaukee. Esentially a libertarian argument. Anyway, when I submit articles I ALWAYS make the submission contingent upon getting final approval of the final edit. Well, the editor never contacted me after I submitted the article, but lo-and-behold, the piece ended up in yesterday's Tribune, edited to a fair amount.

I wrote a friendly-enough email to the editor (of course CCing in his bosses etc.) asking for an apology for disregarding my wishes and breaking the contract. He emailed me back being all sassy that "this wasnt a contract, and if it was..." Oh no you didnt. I reacted with a strong legal argument why he was an idiot. Anyway, contract law is fun. Now his boss and his boss's boss are trying to get ahold of me to apologize for his rudeness.

Okay. Life is good. Im out.

No comments: