Friday, April 28, 2006

Thank God for the Internet

Well, yesterday wasnt as bad as I thought it might be. I received some 8 IM messages, 6 emails, 5 MySpace Posts, 3 facebook messages and some 20 facebook wall posts wishing me a Happy Birthday. Even a professor of mine sent me a very funny e-card when I tried to make her feel guilty for making me study on my birthday. A bunch of friends from school called, and Carey and I had a good long chat. This all helped to make up for a no cake, no cards, no gifts, eatin-Pasta-roni, not leaving the apartment, my roommate doesnt know, my father doesnt call (till 9pm) I'm studyin all day Birthday.

Truly, the father thing is the only part that still bugs me. Everything else is cool. But I seriously had thought he had forgotten me. He said that he had had a busy day, and then proceeded to tell me about all the meetings and things he had had, didnt even get a lunch break, and then, of course, he had a massage. Busy Day. Fuck that. But apparently he has sent me a gift. He got it in the mail... yesterday. I should receive it about a week after my birthday. Oh. Thanks. It doesnt quite help that I went downstairs to check the mail (the only occasion upon which I left my apartment yesterday), eagerly anticipating some nice birthday treat from someone. Well, if student loan statments count, then I got my wish. Yuck.

Honestly though, as much as aspects of this year's birthday sucked, it was good to feel such an influx of love from all over the place. People I havent talked to in years were wishing me a Happy Birthday, and I got a number of sweet phone calls. I know I have many friends who would have celebrated with me had they been available, or if I had been available. That helps to know.

Anyway, today is the day of my Properties exam. Im actually feeling pretty confident, which I think gives me a one-up on those who are scared shitless by this exam. While looking through the professor's supplement materials yesterday, I think I found one of the essays she is giving us, based on the cases she had us prepare on (it's like a closed memo)... anyway, I think there are few students who found that, and hopefully that gives me some sort of a head start. The test is from 1-5pm and I am gonna be good and ready to get wasted after that. My friend Angela lands in town tonight about 8... Would love to be sober enough to see her. Then again, I would love to be drunk enough not to.

No comments: