Sunday, October 01, 2006

MY night

Last night I stayed in.

It felt so friggin good. I cooked for the first time in weeks, did five loads of laundry, cleaned out my briefcase, got shit off my desk, payed bills, drank a bottle of Syrah, and watched some Will & Grace. It was great!

This semester is thusfar going very well. But I am at that brink of panic when I look at my calendar on Monday and realize that I dont have any personal time for 5 days. Ive been working, volunteering, getting Journal stuff done, planning OUT!Law events, doing Moot Court, helping out at Bar Reviews, and of course doing homework occassionally. Yesterday, I didnt qualify into the semi-finals for Moot Court (top 8) and it was somewhat a blow to my ego. But then I went out and enjoyed a few beers with some friends, sitting in the sun, and got to enjoy the rest of my Saturday. It was probably the biggest "blessing in disguise" I could have hoped for.

I have a fair amount of stuff to accomplish today, and another busy week ahead of me, but it all seems far more reasonable now that I have regained my mental focus. Thank God for that.

Oh, and for those who have asked for a shot of the new haircut:

Musical Fodder for my Writing:
"Lie to Me" Jonny Lang,
ALBUM TITLE

No comments: