Monday, October 09, 2006

A student ... and North Korean Nukes

So... I've seen some recognizable faces in the news lately.

Last spring, for those who remember, I had an absolutely dreadful semester teaching kids at a downtown school different lessons related to the law to their 10th grade English class. It was, bar none, the worst volunteer experience of my life. However, I had one student who was engaged (if overly so) and was constantly trying to bait us into "Why shouldn't we impeach Bush" discussions. In short, he was awesome. I continued to play to the middle, and by the end of the class he accused me of not only being conservative but of being homophobic. Alas, I just couldnt win with that crowd.

Well, I just saw him in the news, confronting some homophobic parents who were protesting about the lessons at the school being too open about sexuality. God bless him. Seriously, almost makes the miserable volunteer experience worth it. Almost.

[edited for a minor amount of discretion]

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, North Korea purports to have successfully tested a nuclear weapon. Is there anything else G.W. can fuck up?

Musical Fodder for my Writing:
"Weenie Beenie" Foo Fighters,
Foo Fighters

No comments: