Sunday, December 18, 2005

Finals are FUN!

Okay, that was a bit of sarcasm. I am so incredibly burned out, and as a consequence, utterly unprepared for Tuesday's Torts final. I'll make due, but it aint fun.

I had a classmate approach me and ask me to blog a little about some of the antics that we practice during finals. Spend 14 hours a day in library (which I have largely NOT done, but many have) and funny things start happening. One friend's computer screen suffered permanent damage when it was struck by an orange flying through the library. Not really that shocking.

We start joking about our rotund Civil Procedure professor showing up people's doors wearing nothing but a Christmas Thong. (it would definitely be a Christmas, and not a Holiday, thong, because this guy is a major Catholic)

Another friend and I are pretending to be a couple in the presence of that same professor because he seems to enjoy that idea. Unfortunately, my wife-to-be is also of the "homosex-uwall persuasion." Hey, at least there wouldnt be any premarital sex.... At least with each other.

We talk about how we might throw off each other's test taking: Wearing butt-less chaps into the classroom and then dropping the exam... maybe buttering up a few days ahead so that it's all greasy and pimply... Anyway, thats severe... And it got vetoed because our classrooms are subzero, and those little plastic chairs would be hell on a bare ass.

Then theres the... "It-it-it-it might be a contract" that has become familiar to all of us. "No contract, no contract, no contract, no contract BOOM. Contract."

The jokes that are only funny when you are in a study room with the same crowd for days on end, and only because you have all become similarly geeked out.

And damn, I never thought I would become comfortable farting around people in such a large context. I had to start giggling in the library one late night when I ripped a loud one, but no one could hear it because everyone was wearing headphones... It wasnt so much funny that I farted, but that I got away with it... Then everyone else started letting them go too, and it was a bit oto much to take. Perhaps this is why there isnt a lot of law school romance going on.

But good Lord, do we talk about sex like it is going out of style. Maybe that's because it is. After studying Civil Procedure or Contracts for 8 hours, it is like your sex organs go on strike. They just refuse... "Nope, you havent given me enough to work with." I just look down at my crotch, and it's like, "Oh, you've got a headache? That's okay, I wasnt really feeling it anyway." Except of course with that mental picture of the professor in the Christmas thong...


Okay, other than the studying humor, not much going on. I got excessively wasted on Friday night on Jack Daniels. Then I met up with my favorite Ex in the world, Brian. I totally still think he is the coolest person ever. He was in town for business, but we hung out in uptown towards the end of the night. Then we went back to my place where we had the most exciting... rehashing of our breakup. Yep... Not really what I was looking for either.

On the plus side, it was interesting, because he was telling me how, even after our short relationship, he had really fallen for me, and just when the relationship got a bit difficult, I shut him out and broke up with him.... Sounds a bit familiar. Anyway, since then Brian has been kinda "shut off" from relationships, trying not to get hurt. He now blames me for that (semi-jokingly). That "shut off" feeling is kinda where I am at right now, and I suppose the lesson that I should take from this is not to let that permentalize (word?) in my mind-set. It's okay to feel self-protective for a while, but I shouldnt shut down the chances of future relationships just so I wont get hurt again.

Anywho... I got my new black IPod, and have been tinkering with that... Wonderful little machine. I have already wasted a ton of time playing with it... Just what I need: another distraction.

Okay, I need to get a move on. It's 10pm, and there is still lots of studying to be done.

No comments: