Saturday, December 03, 2005

Saturday Morning

I wish that I could sleep longer after my shifts. I worked last night from 9 till close, and that is a far, far easier shift than my opening shifts on Saturdays. Which , speaking of, I need to go BACK to work here is a couple of hours. It is going to be a LONG-ass shift because I am on my own till 8pm and there is a big group of hockey players that are coming in at 5pm for a bachelor auction. A bachelor auction which I have been lasooed into under a bit of duress. "Team player," bullshit, you know. Now I am terrified that I am going to get "bought" by some old troll and then have to spend 3 hours pretending that it's okay that he is a creep.

I finally got my lawyering skills brief done during the day on Thursday. I am not sure that I am completely satisfied with how it turned out, but it's done, and at this point that is enough for me. I went to Boom on Thurday night with some people from OUTLaw, the student group from law school. I was worried that no one would show, since one of my friends bailed, but it ended up being a really good group. I talked with my 1st trans-person ever... That was pretty cool. And my straight-crush from school showed up and we had a good chat. Then I went to a bar in St. Paul and I drank beer out of a pitcher. That was a blast.

Torts yesterday was a hard time... I got called out on not focusing... I was still a bit drunk. Then to breakfast with Jake and Ben. Really good time with that. Bloody Maries and a sassy waitress. Those guys are pretty cool. Someday I want to start a law firm with all these people. How awesome would that be? Maybe we would wait for 10 years to establish ourselves, but then Jon, Shannon, Jake, Ben, Brianna, Meg... etc. etc... We would have the most incredible workplace, and I know these people would be damn fine lawyers. That would be cool. We'll see.

Okay, I need to nap before my shift....

No comments: