Thursday, August 10, 2006

Feeling Good???

Yawn... Perhaps I should have stayed home today. Cloudy day... Woke up to my roommate darting into the bathroom (late) so I had to sit and wait for him, because he slept in. Shitty roommate thing to do.

I couldn't figure out why I had a sour day at work yesterday until I talked with my Pops last night: I had spent the entire day looking through some 800 pages of text reading all about what a shitty life our client has had. This (alleged) gang shit is scary. To spend my entire day immersed in it was mentally and emotionally draining. Perhaps that's an indication of something...

Found a new blog today, and I developed an insta-crush on one of the writers, Josh K. He's a local, and seems to have a great eye for appreciating the beauty of the area, and what Minneapolis has to offer. Click for his blog: Josh and Josh are Rich and Famous.

I have a busy night tonight: Happy Hour with the Law Bitches, then a meeting for the law journal, then a date with this guy. He's a model-type, so Im not sure about that, but Im at the point where I am open to meeting someone and just hanging out and seeing if we click, no biggie. Besides, as of Sunday I'll be in Michigan with the family, and I dont think I'll be getting much "gay exposure" for the week. Then I get back and get thrown into the law school roll within a week. WEEE! Here we go again! My point is just that I might as well take advantage of a date while I can (and by "take advantage of a date," I of course mean ruffies).

Apparently hair dye can give you cancer. Shit, I doomed myself in high school... It was worth it, of course, just to be voted "Best Hair." The article says, "Its still safer than crossing the street or driving..." That's exactly my take on this cancer shit: everything gives it to you, Im young, Im gonna live my life. I read an article about a year ago that the acid in tomatoes can increase the growth rate of some cancers... While my recent "nipple scare" sucked, it is not going to make me change my life. Maybe Im an idiot that way. But Im a happy idiot.

Finally, both the StarTribune and the Pioneer Press had a front page story today about a man who was brutally beaten to death in an out-state jail when he was placed with a homicidal cell-mate. The man had been jailed pending a gross-misdemeanor arraignment for his third ticket for driving without insurance. He had no other criminal history. Its an incredibly sad story, and I truly hope that it starts a push to reform the smaller jails around the state. Something like that could (practically) never happen here, as offenders are (supposed to be) sorted by offense type, and there are no shared cells. But nevertheless, hopefully this will also push judges to look more at the negative consequences of keeping someone locked up pending trial, rather than constantly fearing what would happen if they let that person out on minimal bail. This poor family...

Musical Fodder for my Writing:
"Name" Goo Goo Dolls,
A Boy Named Goo

No comments: