Wednesday, August 02, 2006

tired thoughts

Its getting later in the evening, and I am exhausted from this (great) day.... But that's when these thoughts tend to haunt me:

I had something really cool to celebrate. And I feel like no one to celebrate with.

It's that loneliness creeping back in.

I just wish that at the end of such an incredible day like this I could have shared my victory with someone on the level I continue to search for. Dont get me wrong. I had plenty of people to call and brag to... but no one to come home to who would revel in not just my success but the shared success of a shared life.

Im starting to think back to Nebraska, and wondering if I should drop him a line. Perhaps its an uncharacteristic move, but it felt SO good when I was with him for that FLASH week of getting to know him. I'd also like to know what the hell happened...

Its probably a bad idea. I'll probably wake up tomorrow and remember how much I love the life I lead, how incredible I am, how patient I must be, how faithful I need to be... but for right now, I just want to be held.


Musical Fodder for my Writing:
"23" Jimmy Eat World,
Futures

No comments: