Monday, September 18, 2006

Margaritas at the Office

I just bumped into my boss for the first time in a while. Actually, to say that he is my boss is a bit of a jump. He's my boss' boss' boss. So he's perhaps a few ranks up there. Anyway, it reminded me of an interesting story I have yet to share:

About a week back, we had our Mexican Independence Day celebration at the office with a salsa and guacamole competition and margaritas starting at 3pm. It was a total blast, but I may have learned a quick and dirty lesson about drinking at the office. Then again, I may not have.

I think that my comments had far more to do with being bone-headed than they had to do with Tequila, but Im sure the Tequila helped.

I'm standing with some of the newer attorneys, chatting about things, when someone mentions that one of the Profs at her old law school slept with one of the students. Halfway through the story, the Big Boss joins the conversation, and we are all kinda joking about the situation. And I say blithely, "Well, isnt that every student's dream, to hook up with one of their Professors?" My Big Boss turns to me and says, "Umm... Christian, you realize I teach at your school, right?"

Ummm. Awkward?

Better still was when he later walked into a conversation I was having with a few of the female senior attorneys about shaving our legs.

Yep. Tequila at work is a good idea. I cant wait for the Wine and Cheese party next Friday.

Musical Fodder for my Writing:
"Hello Again" Hoobastank,
Hoobastank

No comments: