Monday, September 25, 2006

Tired

Today seemed like a long day. Im pretty sure that it was.

I know that with my question to Justice Scalia brought a certain level of controversy into my life. I know that my participation in online forums discussing gay rights since that day have further opened the discussion. And I have largely been pleased with the supportive reactions of many of my friends. But to be honest, there are times when the educating that I do, the debating that I engage in, the tirades that I tolerate... it all becomes like a bandage ripping off a wound that I sometimes forget has not quite healed.

To some extent I had largely forgotten that there are people around me who judge me based on my sexuality. I get very comfortable around my friends, around those I trust. But wake-up calls occur, and as I said, I am the one who set the alarm for this particular wake-up. But that doesnt mean that I am not still exhausted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had to come out to no fewer than 5 people in the last few months. I know how difficult it is to be the only gay that people know and therefore be the one answering all the questions, even when I don't know the answers. Love your blog and keep up your good work.