Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Awake again

Had a blast last night. Stayed out for a bit longer than planned (11:30) then went to the library where I got to feel sorry for all those who weren't enjoying life as much as I. The irony is that I feel, given that I have awoken this early, that i am going to end up perfectly prepared for my academic day. I will be ready for a nap once it is all done, but that's fairly normal...

At Caffrey's I saw Lolo, as anticipated, and gave her a box of cigarettes to pay her back for all the ones that I have bummed in the past. She seemed keen on talking about Griff... At least she reconciled with him, so I know that he is not completely alone. At one point Lolo asked me if I was sad about the whole thing. I told her that my "disappointment" was the better word. I saw great potential in my relationship with Griff. It was based on spirituality and friendship, two things I rarely find in the gay community. But in our breakup I feel more saddened for him than for myself. I know the difficulties that he has faced, and I fear that unless he gets some major adjustments in how he views the world (ie. everybody is against him, everybody is going to hurt him) he is going to be very unhappy. Me? I have been through the disappointment before. I probably will be again. I'm just glad that we left the relationship open, so when all is said and done, I didnt lose out on anything for giving this thing a go.

Last night also gave me the opportunity to connect with some old friends. Craig, Jon Mueller, Dave Lindsmith, Karen primarily. I bought a lot of people a lot of beers, and felt happy that I could do people that small favor. Having realized how much I love that moment in time, I feel like it is the least I can do.

Time to do my assignments for the day.

No comments: