Wednesday, February 23, 2005

time to sleep yet?

SOOOooo, (George) called last night while I was at work. Just left a message and said that it was time to have a conversation that was overdue. I wasnt sure what that meant, but we set up a time tonight for me to stop by. After dinner with (Julie) tonight, I went over, and we ended up clearing the air. I was honest and upfront, and he kinda just wanted to go back to our mentoring relationship. I told him that while I was interested in being "friendly," my friends are people who wont betray me (2x) and arent looking for one-sided relationships. (I almost mentioned that my father and sister would disown me if I gave George another go, but figured it would be prudent not to) He had been very flattering about the positive impact I had made on his MU experience, but I made it clear that, like everything else this semester, I am dropping that committment as well. Actually, he took it quite well. He seemed to understand my point, and didnt seem too hurt. I am very proud of the whole communication.

Now we are watching late night cartoons, after about 4 hours of the OC on dvd, my birthday present to (Webster). There are a ton of similarities to my experience in Venezuela, when a family took me off the street (more or less) for a temporary stay, and then put me up permanently. Anyway, things are back to normal with (Webster), back to normal with (Julie), and at least past animosity with (George). That feels pretty good. Time for bed. Last night was an all-nighter at Michael's after I got done with work, so I am pretty damn well tired.

No comments: