Saturday, May 14, 2005

So much ground to cover...

Geez... What an incredibly good week. This has been a lot of fun. I am finally getting to relax completely and just chill... pulling out old video games and reaquanting with old friends.

Tuesday night I ended up staying out till about 1pm with Will. Went to the Harp for the first time. Great location, but the prices sucked a lot. Who doesnt have a special on a Tuesday night? The next morning I woke about 6:30 to do a little pre-study for my 8am PR exam. Turns out I focused on two things that I had no idea about (Crisis Comm and something else) and they ended up being our essays. What kinda luck is that? Cool! Then back to nap and chill. The Director of Admissions at St. Thomas called and told me that if I did the math on what would make them even with Depaul, they could swing it. The math came to 19.5, so I just said 20. She had also mentioned creating another Roach (public service) fellowship for me. That would be AWESOME!!! I dont know if I mentioned it, but about a month back I came in third for two fellowships offered. I had really wanted it.

We had received a last-minute email from Public Affairs saying that the MU Board of Trustees had gone into a last-minute session to discuss the reaction over the mascot name. I wandered around the union for a little bit trying to gather what info I could. And at about 1pm I got a phone call from Alumni Relations. At 2pm they were to announce that the board had reversed itself!!! Yippee!!! This was SUCH a personal victory for me. The phone call was essentially asking me to "call off the dogs" because I was one of the principle figures in the fight against this move (their words, not mine). So we won. Kick ass. I am so proud of that move. It takes guts to swallow something like that. Good for them.

So then I went and met a guy for gay-counseling. Turns out to be someone I totally had a minute-long crush on because of his particular music ability. After chatting for about an hour at the Grand Ave Mall, Justine picked us up and all three of us went to see "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" at Mayfair. It was HORRIBLE! Made me sad because the books were so good. Later that night, Justine, Will, McPheters and I played poker while doing a power hour. Holy Drunkeness! I beat Will head to head in poker, which was a treat, and then we went to Caff's. I saw my new gay friend there, and I made a point to hang around him with his other friends, just so he knew that I wasnt going to reveal him and that he could be comfortable. For some reason this whole thing reminds me somewhat of Dan Hite back before I went to Venezuela... Hmmm... Wish he would return my emails. Whatever. This guy is going to be here all summer, so I am trying to hook him up with some new friends. He is totally innocent... Wow.

Dont remember coming home that night... Justine told me that I took a limo. I guess i somewhat recall that. ;-) After nursing my hangover Thursday, I took my Spanish Grammar final absolutely cold. I hadn't even opened the book. Hehe. My final essay ended up being about the Final Four trip down to New Orleans, and the IHOP stuffed french toast, how we all got sick, and how beer was the solution to all of life's problems. Great way to end that class. That was it. Right there, I finished. Unbelievable. It's hard to put my arms around that concept.

Later that day, the Dean of the Law School (Thomas Mengler) sent me a very very flattering email saying that they had, indeed, created the Fellowship for me. Holy Shit. I am going to law school for free! How have I done this AGAIN? I should write a book. That settles that I guess. St. Thomas it is (again).

At this moment, I just got the feeling that this, my remaining time here, is rapidly slipping through my fingers. There can be no doubt that I have really focused on being with my friends this semester, but I wish that I were able to book people back-to-back right now to say goodbye. To say I love them. I just realized that all the underclassmen have largely left ALREADY. What do I do about that. How did I miss that? Makes my heart ache. These next weeks are going to be... straining.

Anyway, Thursday night, I stayed in with Justine. The weather sucked, and after all the partying that we had done the rest of the week, it was good to let the liver rest. J and I just sat and watched a movie, I cleaned and we just chatted. It was more or less us just being together for lack of other interests. She is getting a bit involved with an old friend of mine (Chuck Bluett) and I couldnt be happier for them both. He is one of the nicest people i know. Plus he's hot.

I just got a phone call from one of my best friends in the world, Kiley from Venezuela. It was wonderful to catch up. We had been playing phone tag pretty much all semester. Finally she caught me. She sounds fantastic. Same ol Kiley. I adore that girl.

As for yesterday, I was a slug, played video games until nearly 6pm, when Justine, Danielle, Will and I went to the fish fry at Turner's. Good friends. Good food. Bad service. I love that we are the crowd that will still tip big though. Then I went to work. Wierd feeling in the air, but our rings were incredible, and we were close to capacity most of the night. Lots of flirting, not too much drama. Bonded with Jared. Told Dee to stop making fun of my dancing. Tried to hook up with Franco after work. Didnt work out. Took a cab (great cabbie!) home and played poker with Will, Nate and Jimmy (his friends) until about 6am. Shit. Why am I awake? I am going back to bed now.

Work tonight 5-9, then the BagBoyz photo shoot at 10pm... I sent out an email to the Boyz and Saun and his boss about my complaints (adding to the responses of Jeremiah)... May be a bit awkward tonight. Whatever. My complaints were legit. Whatever... I could walk away at this point and not feel all too guilty.

No comments: