Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Goodbye #204

Well, I checked out of my apartment today. After a TON of help from Justine both last night and this morning (she was packing and cleaning for me while I was at work and then while I was sleeping off the shift). I have never had such a dedicated and caring friend. And I gotta say that after living in that place for three years, I have never seen it cleaner. Which might be sad.

Anyway, I have packed my storage space pretty much to capacity. It was amazing to see how much we could pack in there. Yesterday was a freaking long-ass day. I woke up about 6:30 to pack the hotel room and get breakfast before Carey, Dad Mimi and I drove to Ypsilanti to meet up with Brian (my ex) at 9am to then drive back to Milwaukee. Brian wanted me to drive much of the way, and I actually really enjoyed being on the road with him. He is a total sweetheart. Then we got back at about 2:30. I continued organizing and packing until I picked up my Uhaul and proceeded to work my ass off with Justine and Mike until about 8pm, loading shit in my storage space in the Valley and then in Rosey (my future roommate)'s garage. Finally, J and i grabbed Chipotle and I went to work. Closing the bar was a bit difficult being as tired as I was, but Brian totally made it easier. He was tired and grumpy too, so we were just bitching and grumbling about people all night long. Misery does LOVE company. I made good money though, so it all worked out. We are going to have to talk to Jared about his alcohol consumption though. There was an incident last night that just about puched me and Brian over the edge. And he is an employee, he shouldnt be doing stuff like he did.

Right now I am enjoying some long-missed internet at Mike's place at Humphrey Hall. I am crashing at his place before I can stay at my new place tomorrow. Till then!

No comments: