Thursday, July 14, 2005

He said he'll cry when I leave...

So I lounged around all day yesterday, too lazy even to go get food. I had (Mitchell) pick me up a sandwich from his work. Yeah! Anyway, it was totally just a chill day and at about 10pm, he picked me up to go to a party at a friend's house. The party was pretty chill, just laid back, and most of the other people were kids (literally) from his work. I was just happy that he was comfortable being with me around them.

There is this one poor girl who is SO socially awkward, she just needs someone to take her under their wing. She was talking to me for all of 60 seconds before she spits out that she is "bi." Seemed like she was just itching to tell someone. Unfortunatley, this chick is so awkward (and a light-weight drunk) she is not particularly well liked at work. She is 18, from a po-dunk town, and hasnt learned to express herself properly. What a hard time in life.

(Mitchell's) ex kept calling all night, and turns out he stopped by the house while we were out. I also got to hear about some of (Mitchell's) past hookups with our aquiantances. I was completely cool with all of it, honestly. I just was glad to know, rather than being kept in the dark. Always good to know who has seen your boyfriend's penis, right?

We were all sitting around outside and another friend started talking about his upcoming move, and (Mitchell) whispers in my ear: "When you move, I am going to cry. And I dont do that." I was seriously touched. It was important for me to hear that. I have been taking this relationship very seriously, and he is usually kinda coy about that whole thing. That sort of confirmation makes me know we are on the same wavelength. At this point, the plan is for my last night of work to be on August 19th, we pack up that day beforehand, and then make the drive the next day, partying in Minneapolis with him and his friends for two nights, before they return here on the 22 (the day i start my Orientation). The logistics of moving are a bit overwhelming, especially since different factors keep interfereing with otherwise good ideas. (ie. Will doesnt have a hitch, and I am in Detroit when I could load up Katherine's truck. no good.)

Well, I need to start moving to get on the way for this weekend's super-secret trip. Hope all goes well.

No comments: