Thursday, July 21, 2005

like some liz phair song

Hung out with Natalie and Nora last night. It felt good to catch up with them and just chill. Felt like old times hanging out at Caffrey's. (Mitchell) came with me, and they really seemed to like him. Good times. Before that I took him to Sobelman's... I missed that place. Justine called while we were there, and I gave herr two guesses where we were. She got it on the first try. Eerrie how well she knows me.

Other than that, the weather has been crap the last couple of days, so I have felt less guilty about reading Harry Potter and rewatching all 3 movies. Got to get my slothiness in now, because I am going to get my ass kicked soon enough! I just got my orientation packet for UST, and it is just a tad overwhelming to have to think about. I bought a few books today online. The rest will have to wait till I get there.

Things with (Mitchell) are still going incredibly. He is still nervous about our trip to Detroit with my family, but I am totally not. Carey and Dad will love him. Less than a month now before I leave. But (Mitchell) and I went on our second date (lol) on Monday, and we went to Mo's for steaks and then sat at the lakefront watching the moon shimmer off the lake. It was wonderful. But during dinner we talked a little bit about orchestrating the long-distance thing. We each try to visit the other once a month. Which means we see each other two weekends a month. I can totally work that. My only concern is still then fitting family into that... If I take all my breaks visiting (Mitchell), how do I work the family thing? Part of me feels like I could spend one semester a little more seperated from Dad and Carey than usual, but I am not sure i want to do that. We'll have to see.

Anyway, that 2nd date was beautiful, and I just felt so... perfect with (Mitchell). There was a Liz Phair song that we were listening to this morning that made such sense... Being with someone who is amazed by you as you are with them... It is usually one sided: some guy very taken with me, and I totally am not feeling it. Very much not the case this time.

Okay, time to move on... I wish I had more to report, but my life is boring. That's all Ive got at the moment... A month now...

No comments: