Thursday, May 04, 2006

Chinese Food Makes up for Everything

Yesterday was kinda rough. I had my Criminal Law exam, and I felt under prepared walking into it. Ironically, that wasn’t my problem. It wasn’t that I didn’t have the right amount of information, it was that I didn’t know how to properly synthesize the stuff… I finished the exam with twenty minutes to spare, and thought I had really hit everything I needed to… Then listening to people talk about it afterward, I realized that I missed some very very major points.

In retrospect, I remember feeling a bit of the same way about my Civil Procedure exam, and it turns out that I got one of the highest grades in that class. But I highly doubt that will be the outcome here. I just didn’t have it, and I know it.

I suffered a bit of a headtrip about the whole thing yesterday about the whole thing. I have been on the Dean’s List, so I have that to lose, and I am substantially certain that I lost that yesterday. It means almost nothing, and the big picture of the thing is not as severe as I would have made it. The honest reality: I probably “rode the curve” and will get the B- that we always joke about. That’s not horrible by any means.

Ive just never been bad at anything before. I’ve rarely, rarely walked away from any performance and been able to look at it and say, “I could’ve done better.” Welcome to law school. I wont even find out for about a month how I did, so that will soften the blow as I will actually be PRACTICING criminal law by that time. (irony?)

The blow of the whole thing was softened by the fact that I was surrounded by such good friends. A crew of us went to Brits after the thing, and then John, Meg and I all went to Pings for some quality Chinese food. Then we went to the 19, got sufficiently ripped, and each ended up hooking up (kinda). I took home a skater-boy, Timmy and she got a number from some chick (edited). John went home to his wife. It felt good to be with those two and just hang. I dont know why it has taken me so long to do so.

I spend so much time pretending that I dont care about my grades, perhaps it is time to make that a reality. I did fine. I did my best. I couldn't have prepared much better. Just got to move past this one.

No comments: