Saturday, May 06, 2006

The Very Reverend Robert Taylor

So I was just spending 20 minutes wasting time perusing the news, and I saw that the Episcopalian church in California is considering 3 gay candidates for its new Bishop... I was just reading along, when I recognized a name... the Very Reverend Robert Taylor! I met him at the end of my sophomore year when he came to Marquette with Archbishop Desmond Tutu as part of the emerging leaders foundation. I remember thinking the guy was just amazing, and quite exceptional to be coming to our campus, openly gay, supported by Desmond Tutu, and walking down the center aisle of Gesu in his rainbow scarf-thingy (I used to know all those words).

Anyway, now he is in the running to be the second openly gay Bishop EVER! How cool! Im such a fan! Gotta love those Episcopalians!

No comments: