Monday, July 10, 2006

betrayed... in a podcast way

So I was puzzled this morning when, as part of my morning routine, I was updating the podcasts I listen to/watch and one of my favorites, RocketBoom, a tech-news/commentary videocast would not update. This daily videocast hadnt updated since the end of June. Puzzling.

I pull up their website in benign interest (www.rocketboom.com) and find that the broadcaster, Amanda Congdon, had quit the podcast to pursue other goals in L.A.

Its not that I fault her for pursuing her dreams, but I am feeling a little "Say it isnt so!" about the whole thing. No warning, no farewell. She kinda just left her loyal listeners (geeks) high and dry with no warning. Sad! I'll get over it, but it seems like a silly move on her part to create that sort of resentment. Alas, we'll miss you Amanda!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

check out amandaunboomed.blogspot.com for her take

Christian said...

yeah... i spoke too soon with this post. see the next one up...