Friday, July 21, 2006

Having a Wicked time

Geez that's lame. I'll explain further down.

Last night was another late one. I got home from work, took a nap, and went to dinner with Derrick, a friend from Milwaukee I miss heartily. He, as with many of my friends, has a knack for keeping me out late and getting me into trouble. Well, after dinner we went to a near-empty Saloon and hung out there and chatted until things picked up. Another new friend then joined us (one of the guys I made out with at the recent bachelor party). We then goaded each other until I had the guts to walk down the bar and say HI to a really cute guy who had been making eyes at us (me?). (On a side note, I need to remember that almost universally, I should be more willing to be gutsy and approach people... it has turned out into some great conversations/friendships if not relationships... I am ALL too willing to approach people for a friend, but when it comes to personal "cruising" I lose that hutspa: I forget how fabulous I really am sometimes.)

Turns out that this guy was in town with the production of Wicked... Absolute sweetheart/stud. Gorgeous eyes... He leaves in three days and I had to keep telling myself I wasnt going to go home with him. Not even sure why... Just felt like it wasnt prudent (and because Derrick was planning on crashing at my place). He gave me his number (I didnt even have to ask) so I may see if I can meet up with him again tonight. Not sure I would be so prudent if I saw him again. Fortunately, he's one of those guys that I would just love to be in a relationship with. Downside: he's a traveling actor leaving in three days.

After that, I saw another friend across the bar and I invited him to hang out with us. I saw a wonderfully fun side of him that I havent necessarily seen before, and felt very honored to have him join us. The night was incredible that way: I finally felt like I had a GROUP... That's truly what I miss the most about Milwaukee: that sense of belonging in the bars and social circles. It took me forever to develop that there, and I am slowly making progress here too. All night long I saw people I knew (even some who I havent slept with)... I felt like I got a taste of the social super-stardom that I secretly love so much.

Im a bit tired today, but it was totally worth it.



Musical Fodder for my Writing:
"I Woke Up in a Car" Something Corporate,
Leaving Through the Window

No comments: