Friday, July 07, 2006

Black Friday

This week has been interesting. Not intellectually interesting, but emotionally interesting.

Monday started out shitty. I hadnt gotten much night before, and a couple of friends (unknowingly) ganged up on me and were calling me out on various things. Never good to start a week feeling defensive. By the time I was done with work on Monday, I felt like a pretty worthless human being... one of those days that you cant do right by anyone.

My roommate is moving out, which is dandy by me, but another stressor to add to everything. My sister is struggling in ways that I simply cant help her. My father's relationship is as tenuous as ever. My glasses were crushed at last weekend's festivities. My best friend is in Mongolia.... All stuff that has just been adding up.

Well, I found me some "friend-loving" and ended up partying that night with an old friend from college and her friends at a random guy's house. Very fun, relaxing (cheap)... exactly what I needed. Everyone was very non-critical of me which was uber-important at that moment, and I felt much better in the morning. The morning, speaking of, was kinda funny, cause it was this total high school flashback: the parents came home and started freaking our about the people sleeping everywhere and the beer bottles all over the place. Wow... Havent had that experience in a while. We cleaned up and respectfully departed.

As for the Fourth itself, I made sure that first and foremost I used this (unpaid) vacation to take care of myself. I knew that I was slipping, so I made sure that I took some time to pray and then to clean. I know that sounds odd, but when my apartment is in disorder, that only adds to the feeling that my life is in disorder...

I gotta run to court now, but more later, esp. about Nebraska waking up the "emotion" in me and me all of a sudden missing (Mitchell) again. Oh, and feeling important because of lobbyists... Get to that later.

No comments: