Monday, March 14, 2005

105 hours till Spring Break!

This week has a lot of small, but important stuff going on. The campaign for Alew and Beth is in full tilt, but it is rather odd, because it seems like the other guy, Brant, has given up to some extent. We know he is not allowed to spend any more money on ANYTHING and that hi following is kinda lame, but it really sounds like he isnt planning to push much this week. Hmmm...

As for us, I am doing debate prep today, after I spent about half an hour coming up with the bitchiest quesitons possible for the other team. I released my inner-bitch and it really dominated. Questions like, "In your platform you complain that the Union charges too much for their services and also say that we need to bolster area businesses. Yet you also advocate taking money from the local bars by allowing alcohol in the Brooks lounge. Can you explain these inconsistencies?" I went through their resumes, their platform, their personal history. grrr... I dont normally get to be this mean.

I have to write my restaurant piece yet for tomorrow. I dont much care though anymore. I am waiting on crazy Cristen to email us the interview we made her do. If she doesnt come through I will blame it on Salsini... It was his idea anyway. Otherwise, this week will be fun, busy and by the end of it I will have some idea about the Senior Speaker thing. (Honestly though, Tom Freesmeier will be in the top three, and the administration loves him... so I really can't get my hopes up... I would be happy to see him do it anyway)

We had a staff meeting yesterday at Fluid. Dee ended up waxing on for far too long about his "vision" of what Fluid is and what it could be. Me and Damion just kept shooting looks to each other, trying not to laugh. It's a bar dude. And while it is your entire life, maybe that's not such a good thing. Anyway, everyon critisicm that was made didnt have to do with me, so I just sat there and tried to look cute. Then we did some deep cleaning, and I dusted the ceiling and all the ceiling fixtures. Fun stuff. The shift itself was decent... Nothing to write about really.

Time to start my week. Closer to 104 hours now...

No comments: