Friday, March 11, 2005

How long till Spring Break?

174 hours. Exactly. Good lord, this week seemed to drag on. The debate was on Monday, and that went awesome. Then Wednesday was the election, which we still havent gotten results from due to some massive controversies. Then yesterday was dinner with Dr. Ghanem and her son at Sobelman's. Way fun, as Sobelman's always promises to be.

Last night I ended up sitting on Christina Mahady's bed dishing with the girls (Natalie and her two roommates). We had some margaritas and just chilled and talked about the next 71 days before we graduate, and what will follow. I really enjoy Christina, mainly because her sense of humor is so freeing and she is in much the same place as I am with guys right now: don't need, don't want. While I hope that T.J. gives me my hat back, I can't say that I am really that devestated that things aren't going to work out. I have kind of realized that that's the way life substantially works with relationships... most aren't going to work out, but just keep trying it and enjoy the experience while you are at it.

Anyway, I made it into the top ten for Senior Speaker. I am just kinda talking to everyone, trying to get friends to vote for me. It feels a little narcissistic to campaign for an "honor," but the popular vote isnt what decides if I am worthy; it is what decides if I am popular enough.

I work most of this weekend. Going to the SWEAT dance on Saturday (still have to get tickets) . Other than that, not too much to get into academically. I give my seminar for UWM on Wednesday, and I should prepare a bit for that I suppose (since they are paying me big bucks). Then most of next week is living through my first St. Patrick's day in the U.S. at the bars and getting ready for spring break. Good God, I am ready for that!

No comments: