Thursday, March 17, 2005

Free Fallin!

Tom Petty seems appropriate right about now. I've had a great last 24 hours, and the next will prove to be even better. Free fallin for sure. Such a road trip song. We are leaving on a jet plane, and just going to where it is warmer, happier. This will prove to be one of my last major Marquette memories: Senior Spring Break.

I'm packed, and we pick up the car tomorrow after I finish my Spanish test. Thank God he is letting me take it ealier. The prospect of focusing on that test at 3pm looked pretty grim.

I spent the last night on Natalie's floor, after watching a few episodes of Sex and the City. I got up about 4:45 to the din downstairs, and we had "kegs and eggs" before going over to Caffrey's at about 5:15. The wait was fun, and once we were inside Hilary (one of the bartenders) gave me a free pitcher. (she likes me cause I tip.) Anyway, I hung out there for a while before I went tanning at 7:30, then back to Caff's and then over to McCormick for a drunken breakfast with some of my old theater friends. Fun stuff. I saw Jocelyn... Hehe... I love showing that side of me every once in a while.

I ended up passing out in my 9:35 class, so then decided to skip the rest o the day. Woke up and found out that Alex and Beth had won (55%-40%) and I MADE IT TO THE TOP THREE for Senior Speaker. Me, Tom Freesmier, and some honors program kid that I have never really warmed up to. Wow... This was the first popular election I have come out on top of like ever! (granted, I havent run for anything since pretty much middle school).

Anyway, I cleaned, cooked, did laundry, watched some favorite movies, and now feel prepared for tomorrow and totally good about today. Except, of course, that T.J. still has my favorite hat, and he doesn't seem particularily inclined to give it back. I am going to call him like 50 times tomorrow... Grrr. I want my hat!

Okay, beddie-by. Happy Spring Break!

No comments: