Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Here's my day:

Oops... Accidentally mis-set my alarm this morning when I woke up at 5:50am (as usual) to workout. I decided to skip the workout and sleep till 6:30... I set the alarm as p.m. Oops... Woke up at 8am, when I should have been at work at 7:30. Doah! Fortunately everyone at work is super cool and as long as I make up the time, everything is hunky-dory. So I worked on the same project I have been working on for the last week and a half, finally getting through all the rules of all the states I was doing. Wow... That was a lot of material. Now to writing my flipping memo. Fortunately, the persuasive arguments are pretty easy, I just have to fit them together over the next few days.

Went to lunch with Mac. Normally I pack a lunch in the morning, but today I obviously wasnt about to take the time. But it was good to spend even just a half hour with her. She has a lot going on right now emotionally. I just want to steady her. Its gonna be cool. Be cool. Anyway, great salad and good to see her.

After that I had "Writ Duty" where we take paperwork and run it all over the government center area (really like a four square block area where things need to go). It was nice, and a welcome break from my project.

I stayed at work till 5pm to make up for my tardiness (and I'll stay late tomorrow too. yuck... I usually am out of there by 4pm) and then walked home and worked out. The walk is something I try and do everyday. Mostly cause I like checking out the guys along Nicolett, but also cause its beautiful out and it feels good to be out of the office.

After the workout, I went upstairs and started cooking the pork loin I had been marinating since yesterday. It was a little overgingered and I had to play with the cooking time/style but it ended up being cooked perfectly, so my instincts are really starting to kick in. I have got the cooking bug major again, and in the last three days have really tried four different recipes (one for marsala sucked, but for the most part they are kicking butt). The homemade cookies I brought into the office on Friday have earned my quite the reputation, and people are still talking to me about them. Fun.

After dinner I went back to my desk to work on this book I am editing for my old Prof. It is long, rather tedious work, but I suppose that if nothing else I am learning my Professional Responsibility lessons, which may make the class easier next year. I have a little stopwatch that I keep track of my time (rather meticulously) that I am putting into the editing. I just finished with the first, and largest, of the chapters tonight, so that feels really good. The other two are supposed to be due at the end of the week. We'll see how that goes. I'll do another hard night at it tomorrow, then Thurs and Friday are play days and then Saturday I should be able to plow through the rest before going to Anthony and Dan's wedding shower.

Maintaining a balance of work/social/play has been a bit of a challenge, but I am doing okay. Mostly my friends are not used to me not being able to go out till 1am and getting to class the next day. Not till now did I realize how nice school really is: even if I have a 9am, its only for an hour, then I get to go back to sleep.

Okay, sleep now!

No comments: