Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Mob Internet Justice, Part II; Nebraska, Part II

I awoke this morning to some fun news: the story that I posted June 10th about the guy how was seeking justice through the internet for his friends stolen SideKick finally resulted in an arrest of the individual involved. I gotta be honest, as someone who is now part of "the system," when the Internet guy, Evan, started running into roadblocks by the police, I was fairly certain that this whole thing would stall out, and that justice would never be done, regardless of how much work this one man had put into it, and how much attention he had received.

But here is is: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/21/nyregion/21sidekick.html

The original link is also: http://www.evanwashere.com/StolenSideKick

Now this girl's case will undoubtably land on a PD law clerk's desk in Queens for receiving stolen merchandise. (I say PD's office not because they are Mexican, but because they bought a SideKick from a taxi driver...) Should be an interesting case, I might be geeky enough to follow it myself.

On a completely different note, I went out with Nebraska again last night. Had him meet me and a couple friends out for drinks. (or "drink" in his case... this guy definitely isnt a lush. but then, I can corrupt anyone) We ended up having some fairly deep conversation. He doesnt talk much, but he is one of those people that you want to listen to when he does, cause it is usually something important. Anyway... He and I have lunch today. That makes me smile.

No comments: