Monday, June 19, 2006

Something Awakened

It was a nice relaxing day today. I thought this week was going to be super busy, as I have 3 chapters of the book I am editing to turn in, a major assignment to hand in to the Chief Public Defender tomorrow, and to top it off I was supposed to be mock-second-chairing a trial all today and tomorrow. Well, ofund out early today that the trial has been postponed (till August? so much for a speedy trial). So I got to spend the day pretty much putzing and doing clean-up work for cases since I had planned on being out. Its fun having a job where people arent staring over your shoulder every five minutes to make sure work is getting done.

Our group of clerks is a bit reserved. Most of the lawyers even comment on it. I like most of them, but I am about to throw down with one of them who keeps remarking about those of us who go out on Friday's as "making quite the name for ourselves." Number 1: its Friday. I'll do what the fuck I want. Number 2: Im networking with more county employees than I could ever do during the weekday. Number 3: Shut the fuck up. Anyway, the highhorse thing is getting annoying. Im probably going to ask people to stop talking about going out around him cause he's being such an idiot-head.

I met a man over lunch who is part of a Minnesota gay families organization. He and I got to talking about the need for a gay-friendly and gay marketed adoption center in the midwest. He has an organization to work with. It got me so excited that that was all I could think about for the next half hour. I am trying to set up a time to meet with him and his family and learn how the process went for them, what the decision making was like, etc. And it was equally cool to see him be so supportive of my long term goal and excited about my excitement. It just makes me... well, excited!

Well, last time I wrote about a guy. I feeling it. Something has been awoken in me which I have tried to repress since my last break up, for better or worse. Just the simple act of having companionship... Tonight is the first time in a while that I have longed for that again. Im actually kinda pissed at the moment about that. I was doing so well just having my fun and getting stuff done, then someone has to come along and remind me that I'm human.

Gee thanks...

No comments: