Sunday, June 18, 2006

A one-night stand gone right

First of all... I am loving life. Majorly. I got some great news on Friday, and am walking on air right now. I went out with the crew from work on Friday night after I left a tad early and went home for a nap. It started storming tremendously, but I happen to love storms, so that was all right with me. Had a fair number of drinks at Rosen's before the crew decided they wanted to go to the Brass Rail, a gay dive/strip bar. Hmmm... I had never been there before, and who was I to rain on that whole parade? If they didnt know I was gay before, they may have figured it out there... Then met up with Anthony for a little while at the Saloon. Didnt stay too long, but I had had my fun already.

Yesterday I just chilled, ignoring the work that seems to be piling up for this book Im editing. Caught a bus to Anthony's house to go to his pre-wedding party. Met some very solid people and just chilled out for a while until we all decided to make our way to the Saloon. Through Anthony I have been able to FINALLY network enough that I felt like I had a crowd to chill out with last night. One couple I had met the night before, a group of four guys who I hope to hang out with later, and our whole group. It just felt nice to feel like I belonged. And I dont know if it was the comfort level thing, but I was getting checked out left and right. At one point I asked Anthony if I had something on my face... People were just looking at me... Havent felt that way in a while.

Anyway, at one point I saw this kid sitting against the wall, looking just kinda bored and lonely. I had spent about 6 months feeling like I didnt belong, so I decided to share the wealth. (this same tactic was how I became friends with Anthony and Dan afterall, so it is worth it) Anyway, I start chilling with this guy, brought him into our group, introduced him to everyone. Well, after a while, they all disappeared (seriously... that was wierd) and I just looked at him and was like, "Any interest in going back to my place to chill?" He is this totally cute Nebraska boy... Anyway, the night proceeded as many of my weekly encounters (its to the point where i could pretty much set my watch by them) go, but as the night progressed into the morning, we just... clicked. He ended up staying around with me until the mid-afternoon, watching a movie and just being together. I'm gonna be kinda honest: Im a little smitten. I havent had anything more than a purely physical connection with anyone in a while. It felt really nice.

It could go nowhere. Knowing me, it probably will. But its cool to feel that possibility out there. I havent felt that way since (Mitchell). I still am capable of feeling like this. Hmm, at least thats good to know.

No comments: