Wednesday, November 16, 2005

No such thing as a free lunch? You haven't been to law school, have you?

Im in a remarkably good mood considering that I didnt get a warm shower this morning... We had our first snow last night, and I am beginning to get a taste of the frigid Minnesota winter. This should be fun.

This week I have had a free catered lunch for the last three lunches, go to a free reception tonight and a catered awards ceremony tomorrow night. Hmmm... I might be learning something at these things too... Its all good.

I just got a call earlier from one of the companies that was ripping me off last week... They completely apologized and are taking the charge off my card. NICE!

I stayed up late on Monday and had a gentleman caller over. It was exciting and fun, although I was a little caught up in the fact that I hadn't "been" with anyone but (Mitchell) since May. I got over it, and only as I feel asleep did I think about the different kissing styles I had encountered. Overall though, at least I have officially moved on in at least a physical sense. It sounds silly, but given how into (Mitchell) I was, I thought for awhile that I could never be attracted to anyone else. I was wrong.

Also resolved was an issue at work this last weekend. More or less I had a hellish shift because I grew increasingly tired and found that my boss and coworkers were picking on me in a rather harsh manner. I actually came fairly close to walking out on the shift... Drastic for me to be sure. I talked to Dad and my old bar boss the next day, both of them seemed shocked (and a bit angered) at the way I was being treated by my boss, and so I wrote him an email... Without getting into it, he and I talked it out, and I think have come to an understanding. I am still a little nervous about going back in their after creating that drama, but at least know that I have voiced my concerns... Plus, if I get treated like that again, I know that I am fully reasonable in walking out.

The up side of the whole thing was that it reminded me starkly of how my past relationship made me feel unworthy and self-conscious. And yet, once again, when I went back to my friends at school, they made the whole world feel better in the knowledge that I do indeed deserve more from both a relationship and a job. They really made me feel worlds better. Great people to be sure.

I am, however, glad that I still have my job for the time, because I am spending about a grand over winter break on getting home and then going on a fantastic ski trip with some other students in January. I am extremely excited about both prospects, but it is, of course, important to not blow all my cash to do that stuff.

Okay, back to class... I need to get way more disciplined... Finals are going to kick me ass if I dont start focusing.

No comments: