Friday, November 18, 2005

Shoveling the turkey and stuffing the snow.

I should really be in bed about now... Tonight is the first thursday that I havent gone out to bar review in a while, but I figure that if nothing else I need to punish myself for missing class last week due to the drunkeness.

Life is good... I have been busy with friends, school, and a new dating situation which has arisen. After I went to the MJF banquet tonight, he came over and watched a movie (mirroring last night when, after a diversity reception at a firm, I met him out, came back and watched a movie...). He was laughing at me tonight because he asked what my "type" was, and he couldnt be more opposite, but at the same time I find him incredibly attractive and there is a wit about him. Doesnt vote though, which as petty as that is, is truly important to me. I guess that it is so engrained in me that a person out to AT LEAST do that to participate in the system that governs their lives. I have been working in elections since I was 14, so I have been taught that "non-voter" is a fairly negative term.

Whatever though. I find myself contented to be with him, and that is certainly enough for now. I dont know that either of us have much to invest in anything right now, so if it just happens to be "make-out" buddies or whatever, I can live with that. (note the psychological barriers being presented to avoid being hurt again)

Tomorrow I have a busy day, ending with me going to see Harry Potter at the IMAX with Christina. I am SO excited about that! It is such a treat for me. I see movies so rarely lately, and Harry Potter is awesome as it is, but to be able to see it at the IMAX is the ultimate thrill. Plus, any time out with Christina is fabulous to start with.

Carey called tonight to tell me she loves me and misses me. I cant wait to see her over Thanksgiving. While it will be a short trip (Wed-Sat.) and we will be in Flint, MI and we will be dealing with our first visit with Grandpa since he started chemo, it is still my family, and I still love them till I could burst. Good stuff.

No comments: