Friday, October 21, 2005

Back to life, back to reality

I just sent out my insurance form for the DVDs that my old roommate stole. I feel like that closes that chapter. The photos of (Mitchell) are down, leaving several empty frames, and his phone number has been pushed back from its primary space on my phone to take its spot in the alphabetical listings of my friends. It is this little stuff that will help me to keep moving through this.

Yesterday I awoke alone after another bland night with (Mitchell). I had thought about spending Thursday night there too, but it just didn't seem to make sense... I have learned what he is capable and incapable of, and as much as i had this fantasy that he would do something so romantic that night that he would win me back, it was just me lying to myself... It never would have happened. So I wrote him a note, left it on the bed, collected my things, and drove home. That was that. It's over.

I got home after making the drive from Milwaukee to Minneapolis in a record 4 hours. Still didnt get pulled over. Talk about good karma or something. I worked out for a bit, then went and drank FAR too much with Brianna, Maggie and Ted. Fun group. Fun night. Ended up back at Ted's house, somehow got convinced to play hide-and-seek (I won)...

Granted, the night had its moments of loneliness and internal sadness, but Brianna is always good about making sure I dont stay there for very long. All in all, I am happy to be back... so far. These next couple of weeks are going to be deadly hard, but that'll be a good distraction for me. I go to work at BOOM tomorrow for the first time, and I have "first day jitters" but am very excited about it overall.

I will have to post the whole break-up thing later, along with other trip details... Right now I am just trying to recapture my normal life.

No comments: