Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Flash floods and supreme court nominees

Seriously, does she have to put her eye-liner on with a sharpee?

Life is back to normal. Midterms are this week, and that is throwing off my rythm some, but not too badly. My Civil Procedure exam was on Monday. That stuff is SOOO boring it makes you want to cry. I have Contracts (not quite as boring, but getting there) on Thursday. All our tests are open book, so it is essentially the synthesis of the material and the analysis that you have to know. That and typing uber-fast.

I went shopping over the weekend for food, so once again I am cooking, which is such a good outlet for me. I also met with my mentor today, and she is going to try to hook me up with a legal-services internship of sorts at their AIDS center here. Hopefully that one will work out.

Things seem to have evened out with (Mitchell) and I, although I feel like there is a certain coldness, a space, that I havent felt before. The "honeymoon" is certainly over. Quite honestly, this is probably the first point where i have gotten to that in a relationship. He is picking up a new job though, so he is pretty distracted with his own stuff. I just hope he remembers how good we are together.

I got a call from a college bud of mine, Ryan McCollough. We had been drinking buddies, but had never really hung out seperately. We had been through a lot together, but never were... close. Anyway, he called me out of the blue today to catch up. I felt so touched. Seriously, it meant a ton to me that he looked at me as someone he just wanted to keep in touch with. Just made me feel all warm inside.

Seriously... the eyeliner has to go.

No comments: