Sunday, October 23, 2005

First day at the office...

Just got back from my first night at the bar. It was a blast. Seriously hard work, but a blast. It was like my work at THREE, shaking martinis constantly and running out of glassware and bottles of alcohol, except surrounded on all sides by cute men begging your attention. The coworkers are going to take a little while to warm to me, but I like them overall... It was so much fun to be surrounded again. Having my smile suffice for a flirt... Knowing that I could have gone home with any number of guys if a I wanted to. One guy specificically said, "any guy that gave you up is a fool," without knowing how pertinent that was to my situation. Felt great. Long ass shifts though.

My boss is cool. He seems very confident in me, and it turns out that he put his ass on the line by hiring me, because he was supposed to refer me to the owners first. I guess I dont understand why he didnt in the first place, and I cant feel guilty that he made that move, but I do feel a certain level of pride that he was that sure of me.

The place got packed. I dont know how much money I am going to make, but it is going to be a good place to work, for sure. The music rocked, and I felt like I connected with at least a couple of the other employees. Ended up playing bouncer at the end of the night keeping these drunken straight boys out. We ended up calling the cops, but only after I physically prevented them from entering and played the "tough guy." I totally wrote it off as the Milwaukee experience, when it really wasnt something I had to practice in Milwaukee... Just had to be prepared to do so. Anyway.

Time for bed. I am happy with the new job, and it will definitely keep me focused this next week. Holy shit, I have SOOO much to do!

No comments: