Saturday, April 02, 2005

Budweiser bad, caffeine good

Well, it is Saturday morning, and I just don't understand why I am awake. I got to bed last night after work at about 4am, but come 9am today my body was just like "PING--time to wake up!."

I had a good shift last night. Better than good, I enjoyed it more than I have in a while. Part of that is that I was drinking B^e, a new budweiser product that has caffeine in it. It tastes like Berryweis, and is pretty good (only 10oz. to a bottle though as opposed to the normal 12) Anyway, it gave me this buzz and giddy energy. I was bouncing all over the place. But costumers like that when their bartender has energy, so I think it was a good thing. Jared and Dee both made fun of me, but that is pretty par for the course. I love Jared and dont take him seriously, and Dee, well Dee just tries to get under my skin.

What's funny though is that we just got a new credit card machine. Just yesterday I had told my roommate how glad I was that I didnt have to mess with credit cards at my job. That was due to an overcharge that someone added at the Island House in Key West. The bartender added a 1 in front of my 7, to make my total 17... Anyway, I was just saying I am glad I dont have to deal with credit cards... And low and behold, a credit card machine appears. Yuck. It'll be complicated for a little while, but Im sure it will work itself out. But still. yuck.

I finally got my hat back yesterday from the boy who somehow ended up with it in his car... Riding in cars with boys... Still find him attractive, but in a hook-up way, not a relationship way. Hmm. whatever.

Other than that, yesterday I played online, wasted time, went to class and made a complete ASS out of myself in Spanish. I was trying SO hard to behave to... The class was under observation yesterday, and I really like the prof, so I was trying to be good (which normally Im not, I am kinda a trouble maker in that class). And I ended up saying something lewd and distasteful (under goading from both the teacher and my work group) but I just felt like an idiot/ass/fuckhead. I left with my tail between my legs (and a lower test grade than I had expected... I keep making stupid errors) and went and worked out my frustrations a little. then home, cooked a decent meal with some fresh veggies, nap then work.

oh, and yesterday I sent in my tuition deposit for St. Thomas and received a letter inviting me into the Phi Beta Kappa honor society. Cool. I think. Anyway... on we go. I need to get some actual work done before I go in today. Otherwise this weekend is going to be a wash (which they usually are).

No comments: