Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Satellite M45-S331

Well, it is going to take me a little while to adjust to this keyboard. It is a tad bit smaller than my old one. But here I am on my brand spankin new laptop. Yeah!!! It is just beautiful, and I am thrilled to have a machine that is WAY lighter, lasts longer and doesnt freeze every time I try to write something. Now I just have to figure out how I am going to pay for it... Grandma E. sent a check for $25 for my birthday... I supposed that's a start. ;-)

My presentation got moved to next week. So, essentially I didnt have anything to do for today. This "hard week" has gotten less and less motivating. I have to write the ballet review for tomorrow, but since my first class is canceled, I figure I will get up around 8am to do it... Way better than my standard 6am crap for that class.

Will and I went out to Water Street last night. Had a really good time. Found a place with great Tuesday specials and decent darts. (except then we got beat by a girl... we left promptly after that) Here's the thing though: UWM students consistently give us so much shit. YES. I was wearing my new MU hat (the cute gold one). And Will and I had no less than four people come up to us and make snide comments about us being from MU. This is something I have noticed a lot. I get it at work, as does Will. There is like this bile from UWM students about MU. They pressume all sorts of things, most of which aren't true. You think I am a spoiled rich kid? I am on a scholarship for being intelligent, after going to a public school, so screw you, I earned my place here.

Here is the reality: MU students dont care about UWM students. I dont mean that we dont regard them well, it is more that we are not looking across the bridge and focusing any energy on the "other" school, which is apparently what is going on. I just don't get it. Most of my friends went to a public university, and they have no issues with private schoolers. But then Milwaukee, we have this whole thing going on here... Whatever... How about this: when we hang out, why dont we all just treat each other like we are equals? Huh? Sound Okay?

Looks like I have to run off to class. Having dinner with (Bart) tonight. Platonic or otherwise? Hmmm... The hard things in life we could never learn in a classroom.

No comments: